Dominique Persoone : the touch of elegance that makes chocolate irresistable
- Belgian top Chocolatier with its own TV show
- Creating chocolates for the 3 star Michelin restaurants in Belgium
- Award for most beautiful chocolate store in the world in 2015
- Won the Golden Award of the International Chocolate Awards
- One of the three chocolatiers mentioned in the Michelin Guide.
More Belgian chefs here. Other Pastry chefs here.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
20 years ago, Dominique and Fabienne set their first steps into the world of chocolate. Today, The Chocolate Line is honored worldwide as “the number 1 in the world”. Dominique lives by his motto “follow your dreams”, and so the story continues.
Dominique is a chocolatier with an extraordinary passion for food, and innovative ideas. With his degree as chef, he defines the traditional ways of combining food, and finishes every single creation as if it were a complete dish.
Being on numerous expeditions, doing research of taste and sound , the effect of chocolate on the brains, his beekeeping projects are banquets in collaboration with the world’s greatest chefs.. it makes Dominique a highly appreciated guest speaker around the world.
- Education in culinary school “Ter Groene Poorte” in Bruges to become a chef.
- Started The Chocolate Line NV in Bruges in 1992.
- Opened his second shop in the Palace on the Meir in Antwerp in March 2010, where he makes chocolate in the former kitchen of Napoleon Bonaparte. It received the award for most beautiful chocolate store in the world in 2015.
- Started The Chocolate Line Factory and The Chocolate Line Plantation with exclusive cocoa varieties in 2012.
- Creates chocolates for the 3 star Michelin restaurants in Belgium: Hof van Cleve, Hertog Jan and De Karmeliet. Also for De Jonkman, La Durée and for the The Jane (all **- restaurants).
- Worked together with Spencer Tunick for a photo shoot with naked people and chocolate in Bruges.
- Created the Chocolate Shooter, together with Sergio Herman of former restaurant Oud Sluis and current restaurant The Jane, for the birthday party of The Rolling Stones.
- The chocolate lipstick is also an invention of Dominique and is often used as part of a dessert.
- Won the price of ‘Best Chocolate book of the world’ (Gourmand Cookbook Awards) with ‘Cocoa, the roots of chocolate’ in 2008. This book was available in Dutch, French, English and Spanish and is already completely sold out.
- Won the Golden Award of the International Chocolate Awards with his ‘Yuzu’ chocolate in 2016.
- Is mentioned as one of the three chocolatiers in the Michelin Guide.
- Created some chocolates together with the famous milliner Stephen Jones.
- Dominique works together with the pastry chefs of top restaurants such as The Fat Duck, El Bulli and Noma.
- His real best buddy in the food world is Alex Atala from D.O.M. Restaurant in São Paulo, Brasil. They had presentations on several food events together and they love to go on expedition in the Amazone. He was already invited several times to be a guest chef at his restaurant.
- Attended several food congresses abroad: Starchefs NY, Food inspiration day in Eindhoven (The Netherlands), Chocolatiers Conference in London, Taste Tomorrow Chicago (US), Identità Golose in Milan, Madrid Fusión (Spain), Chefs Days Graz (Austria), Taste Tomorrow (Japan), Mistura (Peru).
- He has his own television programs on the channel Njam!
More Belgian chefs here. Other Pastry chefs here. Go Back home