Stephane Carbone : a strong rooted Chef
- French 1 Star chef
- Fine Seafood cuisine
- Cooked for Obama, Poutine, Queen Elizabeth
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
First of all, Stephane Carbone is introducing authentic recipes originating from his restaurant, in Caen, Normandy, France. Thanks to this location, he cooked for France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy and US President Barack Obama in 2009 on the occasion of the 65th anniversary of the D-Day.
Originally, he started cooking with his grandmother while helping her during Sunday meals and does not describe himself as an exuberant chef.
“I am not unpredictable or excessive, I want to offer a simple cuisine but I want it perfect. I set myself high standards. You will never find a lobster cooked with chocolate in my kitchen,” he said.
Indeed, Stephane Carbone’s first restaurant, l’Ecailler, in Port-en-Bessin, was awarded a Michelin star in 2006. A year after its opening, Incognito, his signature restaurant in Caen, Normandy was also given a Michelin star. Usually, a single Michelin star is considered a rare achievement for a restaurant and winning such recognition is the life goal of many professional chefs.
His Restaurant & specialities
First, in his fine contemporary restaurant near the bassin St-Pierre, Stéphane Carbone’s cuisine is creative, elegant and harmonious. From one section, diners can see him hard at work… a pleasure in itself! Secondly, his Specialities are everything around sea food being 15min from the sea. But having his restaurant nearby the beautiful countryside of Normandy he is also working with many suppliers 50km around. To conclude, he loves cooking also very French recipes like Ris de veau or Apples for dessert.
- Sous chef of Bruno Oger** (chef of the year 2000) at the Majestic hotel in Cannes.
- Collaboration with George Blanc*** in Vonnas to open the brasserie « Le Splendid ».
- 2004 : Opening of the restaurant l’Écailler in Port en Bessin.
- 2006 : First Michelin Star (Port en Bessin)
- 2008 : Opening of « Stéphane Carbone – Restaurant » in Caen.
- 2009 : Michelin Star chef for this new restaurant
- 2009 : 65th Anniversary President Diner for the D-day in Normandy, including Barack Obama.
- 2014 : 70th Anniversary President Diner for the D-Day in Normandy fr 20 presidents all of the world
- 2017 : Opening of brasserie restaurant L’Esperance